Friday, January 8, 2010

Im going to a tanning salon for the first time & have some questions?

1. Do you just need a parents signiture if your under-age?


2. What kind of lotion do you use, is it special or sun tan lotion?


3. About how old should you be?


4. Im on the plus-side, should I tan nude?


5. Will anyone (staff,customers) see me during the tanning process(if I decide to go nude)


6. How many times should I go?


7. Do I REALLY have to wear those goggles?


8. About how many days before an event should I get tanned?


9. Should I shave before I tan? (some people have told me that you lose the tan faster if you shave the next day)


10. Will there be step by step instructions on what to do?


11. Do you have to tip the person who helps you like at a nail salon?


12. ANYONE GO TO Hawaiian Bronze Tanning?Im going to a tanning salon for the first time %26amp; have some questions?
I tan about every day :]





1. You need someone there over 18 to sign with you as a whitness.


2. you aren't sposed to bring walmart lotions into salons try these lotions there are many different kinds http://www.lewiestanning.com/category_ne鈥?/a> your salon should have some that you can use or buy.


3. It doesn't matter what age you only need someone with you thats 18 when you sign up. After that you can come in by yourself.


4. Yes you should tan nude its the best it keeps you from having any tan lines and its very comfortable.


5. NO, Noone will see you, you will be in a closed room with a lock away from anyone else.


6. To really achieve a good tan i would say a couple times a week.


7. No you dont have to but i advise you not to open your eyes then because it can damage your eyes really bad if you look around with your eyes open.


8. It depends how well you tan, i tan every other day and if im going somewhere special i tan the day of the event.


9. Yes you should shave BEFORE if you shave after your tan will get lighter. Also make sure you exfoliate with a good body scrub that will help you get rid of your dead skin.


10. Not really its pretty simple they will give you a room, you put your lotion on, you'll push the on button/dial and then you get in.


11. No you don't i actually didnt know you were sposed to tip the person at the nail salon haha.


12. No i have no idea where it is but i go to ja makin me tan, ( i live in texas though)


GOOD LUCK %26amp;%26amp; i hope i could help.Im going to a tanning salon for the first time %26amp; have some questions?
1. I believe the salon I went to required a parent's signature since I was under 18. I'm not sure if they all do or not though.





2. I bought a special lotion. I know from experience that they do help you build up a tan faster then going without it, so even though it is kind of expensive it's definetly worth it.





3. I was 17 when I started going, but I'm not sure at all if there is any reason that someone who is younger can not go-- sorry





4. I believe that everyone should tan nude. It's the perfect way to be tan-line free.





5. No one will see you. The place that I was at even had a lock on the door, but most of the time I forgot to lock it.





6. How many times you will have to go depend on your skin type, and also why you want the tan (base tan or just a tan color all year long). That is something that the person working there should be able to tell you once they see your skin tone.





7. Yes you should wear the goggles. Some people complain that they get tan lines, but hey most people wear sunglasses outside in the sun when their tanning and these goggles are much smaller than sunglasses. But the worker at my salon stressed wearing these or you can ruin your eyes.





8. I tanned for my prom and I only went for 2 week-- BUT I tan very easliy to begin with, so it is different for everyone.





9. I don't think it would matter when you shave. I never paid attention to it and the workers never said anything about it either.





10. My salon did not have instructions posted, but the workers told me what to do (take off clothes, put on lotion, which buttons to press, how to work the radio, etc.)





11. I did not tip, I don't think that most people do.





If you are just using tanning for an event, then I think it's okay. But just keep in mind that tanning all the time can damage your skin. And also tanning sprays and lotions work great also!
Yes you have to wear the goggles.


They having a special tanning lotion you need to buy there at the salon.


No one will see you naked.


Overweight looks good tanned as well as thinner people.


Whatever you decide just be sure and watch your butt. I burned mine the first time. I always keep my panties on now when I tan.
1-Not sure, maybe


2-Any suntan lotion, they have expensive ones at the shop


3-Depends


4-Of course, if you want.


5-No one will see you. If they can, don't go there.


6-A good shop will have you complete a questionnaire to determine.


7-Absolutely! You don't want to see the pictures of those who didn't. It's really gross. Buy your own goggles.


8-A couple of weeks so you can build up.


9-I usually do.


10-A good shop will show you around and explain how to use their equipment.


11-No.


12-No, never heard of it.
1.) you dont need your parents


2.)They will have lotions there you can buy. STAY AWAY FROM THE TINGLER LOTIONS!!! Make sure to ask for one that is NOT a tingler.


3.)I started when I was 14. I dont think you should be much younger than that.


4.)You can tan nude if you want to. Thats personal preference.


5.)No one will see you. you get your own lil room.


6.)I would start with 2 times a wk.


7.)You should.They protect ur eyes. Personally I just keep my eyes closed because I always fall asleep.


8.)Depending on how easily you tan and how tan you want to be, probably about 2 months.


9.)Yes shave before.There is a lotion called NO-Ad @ walmart that helps you keep ur tan


10.)Go in the room,get undressed, find the button to turn the bed on and jump in. it turns off on its own.


11.)I've never tipped at a tanning salon but you could.


12.)Never been there
Ive been going tanning for a few years so I can answer all of these questions for you:





1. Yes, if you are under the age of 18 you need your parent or legal guardian present to sign the consent forms for you to tan. Theres a spot for you to sign and a spot for them to sign.


2. I use a tanning lotion called BELIEVE it's a special lotion with bronzer so it gives your skin tone that golden glow when you tan. It also has a great smell. They will tell you that lotions with tinglers or activators help your tan develop faster BUT THEY STING! Also if you use those kind and you go home and shower sometimes they can reactivate all over again so watch out for those!


3. I think you can tan at any age. If your underage as long as your parents are okay with it you should be fine.


4. I have some friends that tan nude and others that do not because they feel uncomfortable. It all depends on you. I tan nude because it prevents tan lines and you want an even tan otherwise it looks akward. A good all around even tan is the best way to go. It gives you a more natural look to where if you have lines people will know it's a fake tan.


5. Nobody will see you during the process. The tanning beds are in individual rooms and you lock them from the inside when you go in. Then you change put on your lotion and tan. When you're done you get dressed and unlock the door and leave. NOBODY will see you.


6. How many times should I go?


7. Yes the goggles are very important. They prevent the UV rays from the tanning bed from messing up your eyes. If you do not wear the goggles chances are you will have some sort of eye damage later on. The goggles prevent that from happening. Some people try to cover their eyes with a towel because they do not want to wear the goggles but that is not suggested - goggles are the best way to go.


8. It depends on your skin type. Some people tan quicker than others. When you go to the salon they usually give you a questionaire to fill it out and depending on your answers that tells you about how quickly you should tan. I'd say if you go everyday for a week you will see results, maybe even every other day. Once you get a tan you want you can cut it down and go once every few days or even once and week and it should maintain it's color.


9. When you shave has nothing to do with your tan so shave whenver you want!


10. They are instructions on what to do - usually if it's your first time the workers will answer any questions you have and take you on a tour and direct you on how to tan correctly. If not you can always ask and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you! If you are spray tanning they usually have a video that you watch that instructs you on what to do.


11. No you do not tip. Theyre not really helping you. They just set up the timer and stuff and from there youre doing everything.


12. I do not go there - I go to supertan and hawaii tan!





I hope this helps!
1. yes





2. as long as the bottle says ';indoor tanning';, your good, but you might want something with a little spf if your fair skinned.





3.?





4. if you want to





5. no





6. start out going once a day starting out with 6-8


minutes then add 3-5 minutes everytime you go


back for like four or five days. then after that you only have to go every other day or every other couple of days.





7. YES!!!





8. id give it 5-7 days before an event





9. yes





10. prolly not, but the attendant will be more than


willing to explain anything to you, just ask.





11. no





12. no
1. yes, if you are at a reputable salon


2. you must use indoor lotions, there are varying kinds, start with a cooling lotion that has conditioners, NEVER use a sunblock or tanning oil blend designed for natural sun exposure


3. Age is not so much of a factor, you should be old enough to realize and understand you are damaging your skin, and there are repercussion for doing this, including a possibility of cancer. you also should not be developing still, but I believe once you are old enough for the first thing I mentioned, you are old enough physically to tan. I personally would say around 18, any dermatologist or esthetician would say you are never old enough, its just too dangerous. Basically, once you are an adult, its up to you.


4. Weight really doesn't matter as long as you're not heavy enough to break the bed.


5. No one should see you, most tanning salons have locking doors and are very polite about policies concerning this. I'm sure somewhere sometimes there has been or is a salon where there are cameras (illegal) like there have been in public bathrooms, set up by some sicko, but very unlikely that would happen to be your salon.


6. You need to discuss this with the employees at the salon, they will look at your skin and start you off at a safe # of minutes, you really need to give your skin a 24 hour break inbetween sessions, but if your skin feels tight or hurts or is flushed, its not ready to be exposed again. The less you tan, the healthier your skin will be, definitely do not overdo it, you will see the damage later.


7. YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSS !!! You can go blind if you don't!!!!! wear them please! Your eyelids will not protect you!


8. This depends on how tan you want to be, you need to give your skin rest time between tans, and leave yourself enough time to have enough sessions to get the desired results. If you are really white, the earlier you start the better, I would leave yourself generally 2 weeks to do this.


9. Yes, or exfoliate. Getting the dead skin off helps you tan on fresh skin which will stay on longer, it also prevents the spotty shedding to a great degree. Don't be too rough though, don't exfoliate til your skin hurts or it will not be able to take the UV rays very well and you may get a rash


10. Yes, talk to the salon staff, ask them all these questions again, they are all trained, and most beds operate differently. You should be given time to undress and apply lotion, and then there should be some button somewhere to start the bed.


11. No, they don't expect it at most salons. Money is always appreciated, but I never tip them. They don't do anything service-wise. If you go to get airbrush tanned, then tip. Service should be tipped.


12. Nope. Someone else might help you here.
i can only answer a few from knowledge because i have never tanned so:


1.yes


2.special


3......


4.If you wnat to


5.No


6.not a lot is also causes skin cancer like the sun


7.i think so


8. the day before or a few days before


9.........


10.........


11...............


12.no
1.yes you do need a parents signature


2.you have to buy lotion there its a in door lotion


3.I say maybe 15 or 16


4.it doesnt matter (i dont think so) your in a room alone so if you want to you can


5.i dont think so i think you lock your door


6.maybe 3 or 4 times a week


7.no you dont my sisters dont because if you do then you have white around your eyes


8.before an event you should go like 5 or 8 times


9.i dont think it matters my sister went every day and she also shaves everyday


10.i dont know never been


11.NO you dont


12.nope srry

No comments:

Post a Comment