Monday, December 21, 2009

Should I go into a different race owned hair salon?

ok, don't get me confuse. I am black and i need a perm. There's this salon by my place owned by an asian lady. It would be way more convenient n cheap 4 me to go there but i am scared. I have only been to black salon and i don't know how it would turn out. I've been trying to check out people that came out but i haven't seen any black girl yet:D


Should i go???Should I go into a different race owned hair salon?
If they have their cosmetologist liscence then they would need to know how to do a Perm.


Go in %26amp; ask some questions...see fi they know what they are doing. Or ask what they specialize in.Should I go into a different race owned hair salon?
Just go in and ask her if they can do a perm with your hair.
Call them first and ask them if they have experience with Black women's hair. If not, don't go. If they have, give it a try! Good luck.
I always go to asian hair salons, partly because of the cheaper pricing and because I'm asian. But I've seen plenty non-asians, Caucasians, Mexicans, African Americans, alike go in there and come out with a great hair stles. It really depends on the salon, try checking out their hairstylists' skills, by seeing how the cut the hair, techniques they use, etc.!





Its best to have a picture of what you want you hair to turn out like, because sometimes its hard to convey what you really want to them!
To me a perm is a perm. As long as this lady is a trained professional it shouldn't matter whether she is black, yellow, brown or green! Go to her you will be fine.
Bad idea! Listen. Call the salon and ask them to tell you step by step how they apply relaxer. If it sounds right, then you should be fine. DON'T call and ask them if they are familiar with black hair because they'll say yes just to get a customer (and they may be lying). Even if they do have their license and have been trained, that training means nothing if they rarely use it...and you already said you haven't seen blacks coming out of that salon. That happened to me at a predominantly white JC penny salon. It was a mess....obvious the guy didn't know what he was doing. My answer is no, don't go to a different race salon.
Just ask the stylist if they're familiar with your kind of hair. As much as I like to assume that all hair stylists are trained to work with all hair types and that means they can, the truth is that hairstylists that don't often do ethnic hair usually aren't very good at it. I go to a hair salon in the mall, and when I asked the woman if she does ethnic hair (I'm black, my hair is relaxed and it grows in small waves) she actually said no, and luckily someone who worked their was.





However, if your gut tells you the stylists don't know how to do it, then I wouldn't risk my hair. Just find a salon that seems to specialize in it and let them handle the stuff that is a little difficult and requires experience. The place you usually visit can still do your styling if you prefer. A perm need to be done correctly, it's very important.
Absolutly! you have that right!


If I had a Salon, you would be more


than welcome to come in mine!
I work in the entertainment industry where talented hair stylists can do every kind of hair well, regardless of race. I've seen white men do black hair better than black women. Bottom line, you want the best hair stylist you can afford.





Forget about convenient. Forget about cheap. You're talking about the hair on your head -- the only head that you have. When you walk into a room, your hair is one of the first things people will notice about you. It's worth the extra money to go to a great high end hair stylist. Trust me, I'm a man, we appreciate these things (more than most of us would ever admit to).





Take your time, ask around in your town, stop women in the mall with great hairstyles similar to the look you want and ask them who does their hair. Find out who the best stylist in your town is (get proof) and beg, borrow, and/or steal to get an appointment. That stylist might be a black woman, might be an Asian man. Who knows. Greatness has no color.
Well some Black people have Asian hair type. You should go to a Dominican hair salon. They are good at doing Black people's hair. Most Latin people have from nappy and very fine hair. So they have a lot of experience in making all hair types look good. Just try a place out, they will get your hair looking nice. :)
well, this is a hard 1 because hair takes a while 2 grow back. Im kinda split on this 1. Sometimes its best 2 stick 2 what u kno works 4 u, u kno black people can perm hair, u dont really kno how this lady will do it. And there is a lot of licensed stylist that still manage 2 make u bald. However, i recently went 2 buy some weave from the beauty supply and the asian lady there told me she knew how 2 sew the hair in. It was way cheaper than what other places told me so i said yea. I was very worried because I couldnt imagine how she was going 2 pull this 1 off, but 2 my suprise and relief, she actually did a pretty good job, she just didnt kno how 2 flatiron it. Sometimes, its just the luck of the draw, so...good luck!
hahaha. idk. probably not. does the place look really janky? last time i went to a place like that, with a couple asian ppl. the dude's wife cut my hair. GOD i was so pissed when i came out. she cut the side of my head so freaking high. and she's all ';you want gel??'; and pulled out this old tub of gel, with hair stuck to it, put a bunch in her hands, and put it in my hair and slicked it back, like some mafia guy. i was like WTF are you doing!! never go to those places. they'll **** you up. go to Fantastic Sams or a real salon.
I don't see why you couldn't. BUT the downside of going to a racially different salon, is that the hair dresser isn't used to the type of hair. Asian hair dressers are used to asian textured hair, Caucasian stylists are used to Caucasian textured hair, and etc. If you know what I mean. ..
Go in and just ask if others like you have been there girl! Dont be shy! You don't want messed up hair! And we all need to save a little money....just ask and keep yourself beautiful! Trust me you wont be the only one who has asked...


good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment